The heavyweight linen I used for Sally’s sofa slipcover worked just as beautifully for her chair cushions. She found these wonderful caned barrel chairs at a resale shop. A great find! But the old blue velveteen covers had to go.
Covering the curved, tufted back cushion with a single layer of fabric resulted in ripples across the front. So, I created a padded front with channel stitching to fill in the concave shape a bit, which helped the fabric follow the curve. Then, I added covered buttons to give the illusion of tufting.
This is only part one of the makeover for these chairs. Sally is thinking of painting them in color Old White using Annie Sloan chalk paint. I like that!