Look for a medium to heavy weight, densely woven cotton or linen fabric that provides good coverage. You don’t want to see through it! Make sure your white fabric is durable and stable so it can be washed over and over again without pilling, shrinking or wearing thin in spots.
Here are five of my favorite white slipcover fabrics:
- Topsider White Bull Denim from OnlineFabricStore
- 14 oz. Heavy Weight White Denim from HouseFabric
- 12 oz Cotton Canvas White from Big Duck Canvas
- Washed Upholstery Denim White from OnlineFabricStore
- 12 oz. Brazil Linen White from InstaLinen
All fabrics listed above are machine washable and MUST be pre-shrunk before making your slipcover.