Many of you have asked for an oatmeal linen cotton that’s slipcover worthy. Good news! I found one I think you’re going to love. It’s called LATIN and it’s a beauty!
When I first sampled this fabric from InstaLinen I was immediately drawn to the simple rustic texture and two-tone natural color. Think hemp grain sacks and homespun linen sheets. I especially like the look & feel of this cloth for making cottage and farmhouse style slipcovers.
Washable and tightly woven, this 12 oz linen cotton blend is a good choice for casual slipcovers that get moderate use. Here’s what you can expect:
- High shrinkage during pre-shrink (5″ on a one yard length and 3″ on the width).
- Grainy, soft crumpled texture after wash. Be sure to follow my wash instructions to avoid deep set wrinkles.
- Subtle stretch up the roll (on the straight of grain).
- Easy to sew on a home sewing machine.
- Versatile design appeal. Will make up nicely in any style of slipcover.