I make custom slipcovers for clients in West Michigan.
I need your furniture to do the pin fitting (pattern work). I drape, pin and cut the fabric directly on your chair or sofa to create a custom fit.
Here’s how I work:
1. Tell me what you need. To get started, email me a description of your furniture and the type of fabric you’d like to use for your slipcover.
2. I provide an estimate. Once I understand the details of your project, I will cost out your project and advise how much fabric to buy. In the meantime, see my yardage guide and price list to get a general idea.
3. Purchase your fabric. Fabric shopping and buying is done by you. Need some ideas? Here is a list of my favorite slipcover fabrics.
4. I do the pin fitting. After you purchase your fabric, I will schedule a time to do the pin-fitting. I pin fit chairs at my workroom and pin fit sofas at your home.
5. I sew the slipcover. When I complete the pin fitting I remove it from your furniture and take it back to my workroom where I sew it. Once finished, I return to your home to install the slipcover.
How long will it take? I typically have a 1 to 3 week turn around time once I start your project.
Payment: I require 50% down to start the project. The balance is due by check or cash when I install the completed slipcover.