I make custom slipcovers for clients in Kalamazoo, Michigan and nearby areas.
I need your furniture to do the pin fitting (pattern work). I drape, pin and cut the fabric directly on your chair or sofa to create a custom fit.
Here’s how it works:
1. Tell me about your project. Email me a description of your furniture and the type of fabric you’d like to use for your slipcover. If I’m able to consider your project, I will ask you to send photos of your furniture.
2. Get a price quote and yardage estimate. Once I understand the details of your project, I will cost out your slipcover and advise how much fabric to buy.
3. Choose your fabric. I only work with a select group of washable, natural fiber fabrics:
- Cotton denim, canvas, linen, hemp and ticking you purchase from retailers on my favorites list.
- Cotton-poly canvas that I supply. Take a look here.
4. I pin fit and sew your slipcover. Upon receipt of your fabric, I schedule a pin-fitting to take place at your home. I drape, pin and cut the fabric directly to your furniture. Then, I remove it and take it back to my workroom where I sew it. When completed, I install your new slipcover.
Below are my starting prices for labor only. Fabric and trim not included. Actual slipcover price depends on furniture size, design, number/type of cushions and skirt style.
Ottoman $150 +
Parsons Chair $150 +
Armchair $350 +
Wingback Chair $400 +
Chaise $485 +
Loveseat $550 +
Sofa $635 +
- Add $40 per loose back cushion
Throw Pillow Covers $30 +
Arm Covers $20/pair
Extra Box Seat Covers $50 +
Pattern Matching Add 20%
Slipcover Lining Add 30% + cost of lining fabric
Restuff Back Cushions $20 each + cost of fiberfill
Wrap Seat Cushions $20 each + cost of Dacron
Cushion Insert Covers $50 each + cost of muslin
Fabric Pre-Shrink: $3/yard
Travel: a trip charge will apply to/from clients who are located beyond 20 miles of my workroom. I travel up to 1 hour from Kalamazoo, MI.
Michigan sales tax will be added to my local jobs.