I make custom slipcovers for clients in Kalamazoo, Michigan and surrounding areas.
I need your furniture to do the pin fitting (pattern work). I drape, pin and cut the fabric directly on your chair or sofa to create a custom fit.
Here’s how to get started:
1. Tell me about your project. Email me a description of your furniture and the type of fabric you’d like to use for your slipcover.
2. Get a price quote and yardage estimate. Once I understand the details of your project, I will cost out your slipcover and advise how much fabric to buy.
3. Choose your fabric. I only work with natural fiber fabrics and will accept:
- Cotton denim, canvas, linen, hemp and ticking you purchase from retailers on my favorites list.
- Cotton-poly canvas that I supply. Take a look here.
- Fabrics you’ve sourced that meet my natural fiber fabric criteria.
4. I pin fit and sew your slipcover. Upon receipt of your fabric, I schedule a pin-fitting to take place at your home. I drape, pin and cut the fabric directly to your furniture. Then, I remove it and take it back to my workroom where I sew it. When completed, I install your new slipcover.
Prices below are starting price points for labor only. Fabric not included. Actual cost depends on furniture design, size, number/type of cushions, skirt style and your fabric choice.
Parsons Chair $150 +
Armchair $385 +
Wingback Chair $400 +
Chaise $485 +
Loveseat $575 +
Sofa $700 +
Throw Pillow Covers $30 +
Ottoman $175 +
Arm Covers $20/pair
Pattern Matching Add 20%
Fabric Pre-Shrink: $3/yard.
Trims (other than zippers and welt cord): buttons, Velcro, skirt lining, deck fabric, etc.
Cushion Refresh: Will quote. Examples — replace Dacron wrap on seat cushions, add loose fill to back cushions, order down envelopes, etc.
Travel: I travel up to 1.5 hours from Kalamazoo, MI. A travel fee of $1.50 per mile applies to/from clients who are located beyond 20 miles of my workroom.