What is a slipcover copy?
It’s a new slipcover I make by replicating your old one. I take apart your cover and use it as a pattern.
What are the fabric choices?
I only work with washable, natural fiber fabrics and will accept:
- Solid color cotton denim, canvas, hemp and linen you purchase from retailers on my favorites list.
- Cotton-poly canvas that I supply. Take a look here.
No prints, checks, stripes or plaids.
How will it fit?
- Your new slipcover will fit as well as your old one if similar weight fabric is used.
- I can improve the fit of your new slipcover only when minor adjustments are needed.
What is the workmanship like?
I create a slipcover copy with the same excellent quality I put into making a custom-made slipcovers.
- Seams are stitched smoothly, reinforced where needed and seam allowances are serged to prevent raveling.
- Zippers, cushion boxing and welt cord are professionally set.
- Skirts are lined if needed.
Types of slipcovers I can’t copy:
I cannot copy poorly fitting slipcovers due to extreme shrinkage and large tears.
I cannot copy slipcovers made from fabric that gives or stretches such as linen, matelasse, loose weaves, damask and plush fabrics.
Is a slipcover copy the right choice for you?
- You have to be ready to let go of your old slipcover and be OK with the new slipcover fitting like your old one or slightly different with minor improvements.
- A slipcover copy is a custom made product and cannot be returned for a refund.
Ready to have your old slipcover copied? Email me with details about your project.
View my entire portfolio here.
View slipcover copies and testimonials from my customers.