What is a slipcover copy?
It’s a new slipcover I make by replicating your old one. I take apart your cover and use it as a template.
What are the fabric choices?
I only work with washable, natural fiber fabrics and will accept:
- Cotton denim, canvas, linen, hemp and ticking you purchase from retailers on my favorites list.
- Cotton-poly canvas that I supply. Take a look here.
No prints, checks or plaids.
How will it fit?
- Your new slipcover will fit as well as your old one if similar weight fabric is used.
- I can improve the fit of your new slipcover when minor adjustments are needed.
What is the workmanship like?
I create a slipcover copy with the same excellent quality I put into making custom-made slipcovers for my local clients.
- Seams are stitched smoothly, reinforced where needed and seam allowances are serged to prevent raveling.
- Zippers, cushion boxing and welt cord are professionally set.
- Skirts are lined if necessary.
Types of slipcovers I can’t copy:
I cannot copy poorly fitting slipcovers due to extreme shrinkage and large tears.
I cannot copy slipcovers made from fabric that gives or stretches such as linen, matelasse, loose weaves, damask and plush fabrics.
Is a slipcover copy the right choice for you?
- You have to be ready to let go of your old slipcover and be OK with the new slipcover fitting like your old one or slightly different with minor improvements.
- A slipcover copy is for those of you who live outside of my area. When I’m not able to access your furniture to do a pin fitting a slipcover copy is the next best thing.
- A slipcover copy is a custom made product and cannot be returned for a refund.
Ready to have your old slipcover copied? Email me with details about your project.
Below are my starting labor prices. Fabric not included. Actual price depends on furniture design, size, number/type of cushions, skirt style and your fabric choice.
Parsons Chair $150 +
Armchair $350 +
Wingback Chair $400 +
Chaise $485 +
Loveseat $550 +
Sofa $635 +
- Add $40 per loose back cushion to base price.
Throw Pillow Covers $30 +
Arm Covers $20/pair
Extra Box Seat Covers $50 +
Fabric Pre-Shrink: $3/yard
Shipping & Handling: I ship within the U.S. only. I calculate shipping price upon completion of project based on weight and your zip code. I ship via UPS Ground.
Michigan sales tax will be added to my local jobs.